Monday, March 3, 2008

My New Niece





My baby sister had a baby Friday. A healthy and beautiful little girl, Alyssa Joanne--(Joanne was our mom's name). She weighed 7 pounds 3 ounces. We traveled to Tennesse after school Thursday so I could be there with her when she went in for her induction the baby was born Feb. 29 on leap year. Jessica and baby Alyssa are doing great so far but I had to leave them Sunday and that was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. We had a good time while we were there. We went out to eat Saturday with my dad and step-mom and my brother and his girlfriend. Gage and Griffin were excited about the baby, she's their first cousin on my side of the family. They were also happy that they got to miss school Friday. They love the trip to Tennessee because they get to go through tunnels and see the mountains. The only problem is that it was such a short trip, I wish we could have spent more time there. I can't wait to go back and visit over the summer.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad everything went well with the baby! She is precious!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Heather Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ said...

I am so proud of jessica of the beautiful young woman that she has become. She is doing a great job as a mother. I need to call her again probably on Sunday. I love her like she is my own sister. Basically she does feel like a sister to me because we grew up together and when she moved to Tennessee that was hurtful. But I wish that we were all closer so that we could do things together.